Horseback riding is one of the most enjoyable sports that you can try and is more entertaining than actually watching someone doing it. This is also one of the most relaxing activities that you could try but there are a lot of things that you should know about it like the horse riding equipment that you will need even before you can actually try to successfully do a horseback riding activity. Horse riding equipment is also known as equestrian equipment by some and it includes a horse tack.
What is horse tack?
One of the useful equestrian equipment that you can use is the horse tack. This is commonly used while horses are in the coursed and being treated as a domesticated animal. The common term that is being used in equipping a horse is called tacking up. Some of the forms of the horse tack may include stirrups, saddles, halters, bridles, bits, reins, martingales, harnesses, and as well as the breastplates.
How to use horse tack?
Since a horse tack is one of the useful equipment that you may be needed for you horseback riding activity, you should also know on how you would be able to use it. You can follow the steps below in how to do it.
- Make sure that your horse is tied accordingly. It is ideal for them to have cross ties, but they can also use some other kinds of ties depending on what your horse has been used to. If you will be going to tie them using a lead rope, it could be better if there will be knot that can be used to easily release them from it.
- Make sure that your horse is perfectly groomed. In this one, it is ideal for your horse to be full groom. You can brush its body and pick out its feet with the use of a hoof pick. While grooming, you have to check out if there are some swelling, bumps, lumps or heat that can give you an idea that your horse is illogical.
- If you choose to do the bridle to start off, you can tie the head collar of your pony around its neck which can it easier for you to set up your bridle on him, but if you will be doing the saddle first, it could be better if you are going to just leave it right on his face so that he won’t be able to go away.
- Once your horse is already perfectly positioned you can now put your saddle cloth. It should be put on the front are of the horse’s withers and make sure that it is a little higher compared to the normal height. You can position it to slide up a bit to avoid unnecessary hair position for your horse.
- After that, you can put the saddle on the back of your horse, but make sure that you will just put it gently and it will be located in the middle of your saddle cloth.
- Add up some cinch for your horse, if he is familiar with it; don’t add up too much force in it so that your horse would be able to breathe properly.
- After that, you can put tis boots and other necessary things needed.